• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

Update: Don't listen to chefsteps on using ziplock brand freezer bags at temps 194F. After 25 minutes im wondering why there is still a good inch of liquid above the rice. I give it another 10 minutes and take it out just to realize theres a pin hole. I then try to salvage it and the bag breaks before i can even get it to a bowl. 

USE VACUUM BAGS!

FeChef

FeChef

Update: Don't listen to chefsteps on using ziplock brand freezer bags at temps 194F. After 25 minutes im wondering why there is still a goos inch of liquid above the rice. I give it another 10 minutes and take it out just to realize theres a pin hole. I then try to salvage it and the bag breaks before i can even get it to a bowl. 

USE VACUUM BAGS!