• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

No specific recommendations, though drooling, but there’s a pretty wonderful book, Great Kitchens: At Home with America’s Top Chefs.  Open discussions of noted chefs and their home kitchens with excellent photos and a floor plan for each.

The opening chapter is Ken Hom, who at the time of publication maintained homes in Berkeley and Catus, Southern France.  Beautiful.  The ubiquitous commercial range, island stuffed with tools (he likes to look at them as beautiful unto themselves); wokburner and, interestingly, a commercial Hobart DW (he teaches at his home).

Couple dozen homes of chefs and chefs/partners.  

For me, deepest possible sinks (with overhead stockpot - faucet at the range), commercial 6 burner range, wood fireplace/grill/split (see Jean-Pierre Moulle (sic - no special characters), formerly of Chez Panisse; Mark Miller), brick bread/pizza/roast oven (Alice Waters), extensive kitchen herb and veggie garden (Alice Waters!), open plan kitchen/DR/LR (See John Folse - add in vaulted timber frame, “theater” kitchen!).  

Ton there.  I either drool or cry into my glass.  GoFund Me for that beautiful little farmhouse off the Côte D’Or because I’m just a swell, swell guy, pending).

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

Thanks I No specific recommendations, though drooling, but there’s a pretty wonderful book, Great Kitchens: At Home with America’s Top Chefs.  Open discussions of noted chefs and their home kitchens with excellent photos and a floor plan for each.

The opening chapter is Ken Hom, who at the time of publication maintained homes in Berkeley and Catus, Southern France.  Beautiful.  The ubiquitous commercial range, island stuffed with tools (he likes to look at them as beautiful unto themselves); wokburner and, interestingly, a commercial Hobart DW (he teaches at his home).

For me, deepest possible sinks (with overhead stockpot - faucet at the range), commercial 6 burner range, wood fireplace/grill/split (see Jean-Pierre Moulle (sic - no special characters), formerly of Chez Panisse; Mark Miller), brick bread/pizza/roast oven (Alice Waters), extensive kitchen herb and veggie garden (Alice Waters!), open plan kitchen/DR/LR (See John Folse - add in vaulted timber frame, “theater” kitchen!).  

Ton there.  I either drool or cry into my glass.  GoFund Me for that beautiful little farmhouse off the Côte D’Or because I’m just a swell, swell guy, pending).

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

I No specific recommendations, though drooling, but there’s a pretty wonderful book, Great Kitchens: At Home with America’s Top Chefs.  Open discussions of noted chefs and their home kitchens with excellent photos and a floor plan for each.

The opening chapter is Ken Hom, who at the time of publication maintained homes in Berkeley and Catus, Southern France.  Beautiful.  The ubiquitous commercial range, island stuffed with tools (he likes to look at them as beautiful into themselves); wokburner and, interestingly, a commercial Hobart DW (he teaches at his home).

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

No specific recommendations, though drooling, but there’s a pretty wonderful book, Great Kitchens: At Home with America’s Top Chefs.  Open discussions of noted chefs and their home kitchens with excellent photos and a floor plan for each.

The opening chapter is Ken Hom, who at the time of publication maintained homes in Berkeley and Cayuse, Southern France.  Beautiful.  The ubiquitous commercial range, island stuffed with tools (he likes to look at them as beautiful into themselves); wokburner and, interestingly, a commercial Hobart DW (he teaches at his home).