• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

2 hours ago, Katie Meadow said:

The other thing I would improve if I were designing a new kitchen is lighting. The older I get the more light I need to cook. Good lighting under the cabinet overhangs would be nice. So far, whatever the motivation needed to fix this problem hasn't reached the tipping point.

Because under counter lighting is required for energy in some jurisdictions the designers do it automatically. Especially nice if you can isolate the area you want lit. 

heidih

heidih

3 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

The other thing I would improve if I were designing a new kitchen is lighting. The older I get the more light I need to cook. Good lighting under the cabinet overhangs would be nice. So far, whatever the motivation needed to fix this problem hasn't reached the tipping point.

Because under counter lighting is required for energy is some jurisdictions the designers do it automatically. Especially nice if you can isolate the area you want lit.