• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooking Diary: Instant Pot or other Pressure Cooker

TdeV

I'm interested what different people do to record their cooking adventures.
My first cooking diary was for sous vide (see TdeV's Sous Vide Diary) no doubt egged on by @rotuts.

Binder Title: Instant Pot Diary
Index to sections: 15 tabs, mainly large groups of food which do well in the Instant Pot: beans, potatoes, rice, other grain, meat, soup, stew, one pot meals, vegetables, dessert. 
Section: The Bean section (includes beans, cowpea and lentil) have notes of my experience, but many items in the binder are actually recipes which I have found elsewhere and modified with my experience (usually in dated notes at the bottom of the original recipe). Note that I appear to have purchased the Instant Pot in Nov 2019, so I do not have loads of experience.
Page(s): Each type of bean gets its own page, the name of the bean becomes the highlighted title. Which contains dated notes about my experiments and experience.

IMG_2822_InstantPotBinder.jpg

IMG_2823_InstantPotBinder.jpg

IMG_2824_InstantPotCassouletBeans.jpg

IMG_2825_InstantPotBlackBeans.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've decided @rotuts is like the Tom Sawyer of eGullet. He gets everyone else to do the dirty work; keeping diaries, taking pictures, posting our meals - while he sits at home roasting coffee and eating the good part of the apple!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

9 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I've decided @rotuts is like the Tom Sawyer of eGullet. He gets everyone else to do the dirty work; keeping diaries, taking pictures, posting our meals - while he sits at home roasting coffee and eating the good part of the apple!

@rotuts is "of council"... like a senior partner, full of wisdom with no need to take depositions

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Well, it turns out that I have one of those famous red pads:

IMG_5048.thumb.jpg.4bb49b440256b1010cd2b7e62c108860.jpg

I use it for both SV and IP:

IMG_5049.jpg.c5a81eeb6926eb9148c6b9b42f559834.jpg

IMG_5050.thumb.jpg.5d9ab59b5016b36cd7f4ebc7b2a9d026.jpg

I just flip it - one side is SV and the other is IP.  Just like those 2-in-1 magazines and books.  It lives in the kitchen and is where I keep track of my notes when I'm trying out recipe or trying to create/recreate something.  It's great to have it all in one place instead of scraps of paper floating here and there.  When I've got things where I want them, I make an entry on my recipe webpage for permanent storage.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...