• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Vapre

Vapre

On 8/11/2021 at 1:16 AM, AAQuesada said:

Well that's a bummer. I have the Sonoratown and really like it only a handful of recipes but they are good ones. I'm looking forward to picking up more in that series. Which are your favorites?

Out of the 3 in the original order (Sonoratown, Hop Woo, and Kato) I think I like Kato the best. They break down what worked and did not work (mostly what didn’t work) for them + recipes. None of these volumes are super-loaded with recipes but that’s ok, the origin/behind-the-scenes stuff is just as interesting. I had the option to be refunded for p + p or pick an already-published volume so I went with Ides. They talk about what worked and didn’t for their black box dessert and they give the component recipes. At this point it’s mainly aspirational for me as it involves LN and I don’t have a dewar or other storage system, but it’s still cool to read about.

Vapre

Vapre

On 8/11/2021 at 1:16 AM, AAQuesada said:

Well that's a bummer. I have the Sonoratown and really like it only a handful of recipes but they are good ones. I'm looking forward to picking up more in that series. Which are your favorites?

Out of the 3 in the original order (Sonoratown, Hop Woo, and Kato) I think I like Kato the best. They break down what worked and did not work for them + recipes. None of these volumes are super-loaded with recipes but that’s ok, the origin/behind-the-scenes stuff is just as interesting. I had the option to be refunded for p + p or pick an already-published volume so I went with Ides. They talk about what worked and didn’t for their black box dessert and they give the component recipes. At this point it’s mainly aspirational for me as it involves LN and I don’t have a dewar or other storage system, but it’s still cool to read about.