• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Updated the post

I don't know whether it's due to my Google news feed's tuning or a broader media push, but I'm seeing a lot of hype about Rodney Scott's World of BBQ (eG-friendly Amazon.com link). Leite's Culinaria discussed its recipe for Rodney Scott's Whole BBQ Chicken in my newsfeed today (the chicken is spatchcocked, and the recipe looks good). The book looks enticing. I don't need any more cookbooks, even for BBQ! But I may have to buy this one anyway. Maybe I can talk my library into getting it first.

eta: they do! I'll be picking it up in a couple of days. 

Smithy

Smithy

I don't know whether it's due to my Google news feed's tuning or a broader media push, but I'm seeing a lot of hype about Rodney Scott's World of BBQ (eG-friendly Amazon.com link). Leite's Culinaria discussed its recipe for Rodney Scott's Whole BBQ Chicken in my newsfeed today (the chicken is spatchcocked, and the recipe looks good). The book looks enticing. I don't need any more cookbooks, even for BBQ! But I may have to buy this one anyway. Maybe I can talk my library into getting it first.