• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

49 minutes ago, Anna N said:

The title is Vegetable Simple so should I be gob smacked when one of the recipes is for green beans with butter? It is almost vegetables 101. Is it just me that thinks popcorn is a stretch for vegetables?

One long gone, unlamented legacy member once tried to convince me that mussels were vegetables, as I recall. But that oysters weren't.

Or vice versa.

Also, one website promoted the top 10 vegetarian Chinese dishes. Half of them contained meat or meat by-products.

liuzhou

liuzhou

47 minutes ago, Anna N said:

The title is Vegetable Simple so should I be gob smacked when one of the recipes is for green beans with butter? It is almost vegetables 101. Is it just me that thinks popcorn is a stretch for vegetables?

One long gone, unlamented legacy member once tried to convince me that mussels were vegetables, as I recall. But that oysters weren't.

Or vice versa.