• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Xximuim silicone molds

paul o' vendange

I need a half-sphere mold in 30”.  I’ve never seen or used this company but their 30mm/ 6 x 4 mold is cheap, and they come with Amazon prime (free, 2 day shipping).

All materials are not the same in my experience, even if they are sold as so.  Anyone know them?

-Paul

Remplis ton verre vuide; Vuide ton verre plein. Je ne puis suffrir dans ta main...un verre ni vuide ni plein. ~ Rabelais

I think you omitted the crucial piece of information, there (ie, identity of/link to the product).

• Like 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

For some reason all I see anymore in terms of Amazon is the domain itself, not a link to the product.  

Sorry,  I see I forgot to name the company in the post (Xximuim - in the title).  Here’s a description:

Silicone Mold,1PCS Half Sphere Baking Mold Chocolate Candy and Gummy Mold Teacake Bakeware Set for Chocolate, Cake, Jelly, Pudding, Candy Molds Non Stick, BPA Free Silicone Molds (24 Rounds)

They all look the same in that they are 4 x 6 rounds, 30 mm:

image.jpeg.01d91af7cf83a50dcb09ade4db39d301.jpeg

Thanks for any thoughts, guys.

-Paul

Remplis ton verre vuide; Vuide ton verre plein. Je ne puis suffrir dans ta main...un verre ni vuide ni plein. ~ Rabelais

i am pretty sure one or two factories make these and then they get sold under a million different brand names on amazon. i have something similar with a different name and use them a lot (mostly for soap, sometimes for cooking). it's amazon, and they do easy returns, so i'd just get it and try it out, personally.

• Delicious 1

25 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

How cheap?  They're $14 at JB Prince, which I consider reputable, I have several of theirs from my restaurant days in that same size.

https://www.jbprince.com/flexible-silicone-molds/orange-n-s-24-mini-hemispheres.asp

$9.95, 2 day shipping included (prime).  About as cheap as it gets, I imagine,

• Like 1

-Paul

1 hour ago, jimb0 said:

i am pretty sure one or two factories make these and then they get sold under a million different brand names on amazon. i have something similar with a different name and use them a lot (mostly for soap, sometimes for cooking). it's amazon, and they do easy returns, so i'd just get it and try it out, personally.

Excellent post, thanks Jimbo.  Never thought of it.  Makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

-Paul

11 hours ago, paul o' vendange said:

For some reason all I see anymore in terms of Amazon is the domain itself, not a link to the product.  

Sorry,  I see I forgot to name the company in the post (Xximuim - in the title).  Here’s a description:

LOL That's on me...I've gotten used to just clicking "next unread," and often forget to check which thread I'm on. I usually blame that on "posting before caffeine," but I see it was an evening post so that won't fly. :P

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning