• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

While household accidents may well be common, the idea that we don't think about this is nonsense. I think about it more and more as I age, especially as I now live alone, so if anything drastic did happen I may have difficulty getting help.

Not thinking about danger is a luxury of the young, although most people I know, young and old, are well aware of the potential problems. In fact, some of my younger friends are more cautious than I am.

liuzhou

liuzhou

While they may well be common, the idea that we don't think about it is nonsense. I think about it more and more as I age, especially as I now live alone, so if anything drastic did happen I may have difficulty getting help.

Not thinking about danger is a luxury of the young, although most people I know, young and old, are well aware of the potential problems. In fact, some of my younger friends are more cautious than I am.