• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

Sorry for the silence. There was a rebellion in the camp I had to calm 😂.  Photos are resuming. 

Todays lunch. A repeat of the lamb and sweet potato casserole. 

received_3943928162335884.thumb.jpeg.438e6ce1e9eb67594ff3c60f76211b9c.jpeg

And a pasta salad with olives and parmesan that ended in the bin.

received_857097838412535.thumb.jpeg.c334a08c8b6213ef05bbaadef1e56a9d.jpeg

As for portion sizes. You can take as much or as little as you wish. There are desserts available and theres nothing to stop you having for example: curry, veg, chips, salad and a piece of fish - apart from your own sense of moderation I guess. 

And yes! Pumpkin. The Aussies love pumpkin. When I came here I knew of Butternuts and the giant ones you carve at halloween. 

Now there's blue ones, japanese ones, turkish ones, golden ones and the usual suspects. And they are allllll gross (to me) 😂

Edit to add: I have just found out the lamb casserole is literally the one from the other day. They freeze the leftovers and put it in the lunch selection section (yey for no waste!). 

With further info also on portion sizes - apparently my husband is reserved, the rest of his crew turn up with full eskies of boxes and biccies and cereal and sandwiches - and a lot end up in the bin (boo wasteful again). 

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

Sorry for the silence. There was a rebellion in the camp I had to calm 😂.  Photos are resuming. 

Todays lunch. A repeat of the lamb and sweet potato casserole. 

received_3943928162335884.thumb.jpeg.438e6ce1e9eb67594ff3c60f76211b9c.jpeg

And a pasta salad with olives and parmesan that ended in the bin.

received_857097838412535.thumb.jpeg.c334a08c8b6213ef05bbaadef1e56a9d.jpeg

As for portion sizes. You can take as much or as little as you wish. There are desserts available and theres nothing to stop you having for example: curry, veg, chips, salad and a piece of fish - apart from your own sense of moderation I guess. 

And yes! Pumpkin. The Aussies love pumpkin. When I came here I knew of Butternuts and the giant ones you carve at halloween. 

Now there's blue ones, japanese ones, turkish ones, golden ones and the usual suspects. And they are allllll gross (to me) 😂