• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

Hello all,

I send my best hopes you are safe and well during this terrible time.  

I've a need for a better fish fillet knife.   I've a host of old knives for boning and filleting ranging from semi-flexible to rigid, among them older Chicago Cutlery and restaurant-chewed up Sysco blue handles.

I know they are fantastic, but at this time anyway not looking for a Deba style.  Of the flexible-bladed knives, I do like the wider knife, less the narrower style.

Thanks for any thoughts.

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

Hello all,

I send my best hopes you are safe and well during this terrible time.  

I've a need for a better fish fillet knife.  I've a host of old knives ranging from semi-flexible to rigid, among them older Chicago Cutlery and restaurant-chewed up Sysco blue handles.

I know they are fantastic, but at this time anyway not looking for a Deba style.  Of the flexible-bladed knives, I do like the wider knife, less the narrower style.

Thanks for any thoughts.