• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Machine Advice Needed

DJ Silverchild

Hello!

I make cannabis infused confections and am looking to ramp up bar production. We have separate machines for bars and truffles because our bars are infused, but our truffle shells are not. Right now I'm using a 15 pound Chocovision machine with the EZ Temper. We need the chocolate to get to 115 to infuse but back to 92 to use the cocoa butter and that takes hours and hours to do. I'm looking to either speed up the process of getting the chocolate back down to 92, or increase how much chocolate we can do at one time. 

I don't think I want a continuous tempering machine. 

Any recommendations?

4 hours ago, teonzo said:

Make a strong infusion (highly concentrated) in cocoa butter, then add a bit of this infused cocoa butter to the chocolate.

Teo

yeah, i think this is the answer, really, although tbh i wouldn't infuse the butter directly so much as melt a resin into it.

I’ve only made bars once, and I infused cocoa butter with the cannabis by sous vide. Then I added it to the chocolate and tempered it, then added a black raspberry flavored oil made for chocolate. I was attempting to make something like the Keva bars. It worked pretty well from what I was told.