• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

OK, @rotuts, here you go...

I ordered online for curbside pick-up at my local Shack:

IMG_2685.thumb.jpeg.e29c37136a5f16db6544f2a2db11a700.jpeg

I arrived right on time.  Took about 10 min before they brought out my food.  Next time, I might do their "walk-in" pick-up since they have a service counter set up outside and so I don't think it's necessary to go inside. 

I decided to take my order home instead of eating in the car.  As mentioned above, I got the Korean-Style Fried Chick'n Sandwich and an order of Gochujang Fries

IMG_3450.thumb.jpeg.59774a4a2c764e47c41f494e4785a85d.jpeg

Fries were not hot so I reheated them in the CSO.  As you can see, there are a ton of them, with what I'd say is an insufficient amount of gochujang mayo.  I've made gochujang mayo for sandwiches before but never tried it with fries.  Excellent. 

There was a very thin, very very crisp coating on the chicken breast topped with a smear of a sweet/hot gochujang-glaze and a smallish amount of kimchi slaw on the bottom bun, under the chicken. The chicken was real meat, nicely cooked, not dry or processed like nuggets.  I'd have liked more slaw and found the ingredients weren't really distributed in a way that you could get them all in one bite.  But hey, it's fast food, what do you want?  I ate most of the sandwich and about half the fries. 

The sandwich was fine, I'd certainly take it over Chik-fil-A but if I'm going to Shake Shack, I'd go with a burger.

Thanks to @rotuts for starting this thread.  This was the first meal I've had since March that was not prepared by me so it was quite a treat!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

OK, @rotuts, here you go...

I ordered online for curbside pick-up at my local Shack:

IMG_2685.thumb.jpeg.e29c37136a5f16db6544f2a2db11a700.jpeg

I arrived right on time.  Took about 10 min before they brought out my food.  Next time, I might do their "walk-in" pick-up since they have a service counter set up outside and so I don't think it's necessary to go inside. 

I decided to take my order home instead of eating in the car.  As mentioned above, I got the Korean-Style Fried Chick'n Sandwich and an order of Gochujang Fries

IMG_3450.thumb.jpeg.59774a4a2c764e47c41f494e4785a85d.jpeg

Fries were not hot so I reheated them in the CSO.  As you can see, there are a ton of them, with what I'd say is an insufficient amount of gochujang mayo.  I've made gochujang mayo for sandwiches before but never tried it with fries.  Excellent. 

There was a very thin, very very crisp coating on the chicken breast topped with a smear of a sweet/hot gochujang-glaze and a smallish amount of  a small-ish amount of kimchi slaw on the bottom bun, under the chicken. The chicken was real meat, nicely cooked, not dry or processed like nuggets.  I'd have liked more slaw and found the ingredients weren't really distributed in a way that you could get them all in one bite.  But hey, it's fast food, what do you want?  I ate most of the sandwich and about half the fries. 

The sandwich was fine, I'd certainly take it over Chik-fil-A but if I'm going to Shake Shack, I'd go with a burger.

Thanks to @rotuts for starting this thread.  This was the first meal I've had since March that was not prepared by me so it was quite a treat!