• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gulfporter

gulfporter

Left out the cheese!!!

Mi esposo found a box of imported risotto mix in the back of a cupboard (we bought a lot of packaged foods at the beginning of the pandemic).  Labelled Risotto Milanese with Saffron.  Saturday I had a lunchtime appointment so my DH decided to make it. 

Awful...so salty!  But plentiful...it made 4+ cups.  He barely touched it.  

I told him to save it and I'd figure out a way to resurrect it.  Today I added fresh corn off the cob, sautéed poblanos/onions/red peppers and a few handfuls of grated jack cheese.  Threw in some panko and few eggs to bind it.  Pan fried them on high heat.  

These risotto cakes were tasty and crunchy.  I made a lime and cilantro mayo with a dash of chipotle.  

risottocake.jpg

gulfporter

gulfporter

Mi esposo found a box of imported risotto mix in the back of a cupboard (we bought a lot of packaged foods at the beginning of the pandemic).  Labelled Risotto Milanese with Saffron.  Saturday I had a lunchtime appointment so my DH decided to make it. 

Awful...so salty!  But plentiful...it made 4+ cups.  He barely touched it.  

I told him to save it and I'd figure out a way to resurrect it.  Today I added fresh corn off the cob, sautéed poblanos/onions/red peppers.  Threw in some panko and few eggs to bind it.  Pan fried them on high heat.  

These risotto cakes were tasty and crunchy.  I made a lime and cilantro mayo with a dash of chipotle.  

risottocake.jpg