• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dejah

Dejah

A good friend had a hernia operation down in her diaphragm a week ago. Had been on pureed food until now, and was craving for some wonton soup and congee with pickerel and ginger.. So I did up a care package or two and delivered it to her house - no-contact delivery, of course. She can keep some out for supper and lunch tomorrow and the rest will go into her freezer.

1667223951_Carepackages3438.jpg.60f2616dea142d1d23dbbe1d6a07aa84.jpg

There was still some congee and several wontons left, but not enough of each to make a complete serving for each of us at home. So I threw the wontons into the congee, added century egg, fuyu, pork floss, pickled radish, and voila! a new combo for Al Yankovic's Wong Way Kitchen! 🤪

"Hello, Welcome to Wong Way Kitchen.

I take your order please? I highly recommend the combo #5!

Yeah!

• Combo 1,2, ah 3,4,5
  • Everybody loves Chinese steamed or fried,
  • from the Chinese restaurant around the corner,
  • so you say you want some won-ton soup, I’ll bring your order

138760911_WontonCongee3441.jpg.fcfdf5e12cad24629faaede72752e91f.jpg
Dejah

Dejah

A good friend had a hernia operation down in her diaphragm a week ago. Had been on pureed food until now, and was craving for some wonton soup and congee with pickerel and ginger.. So I did up a care package or two and delivered it to her house - no-contact delivery, of course. She can keep some out for supper and lunch tomorrow and the rest will go into her freezer.

1667223951_Carepackages3438.jpg.60f2616dea142d1d23dbbe1d6a07aa84.jpg

There was still some congee and several wontons left, but not enough of each to make a complete serving for each of us at home. So I threw the wontons into the congee, added century egg, fuyu, pork floss, pickled radish, and voila! a new combo for Al Yankovic's Wong Wat Kitchen! 🤪

"Hello, Welcome to Wong Way Kitchen.

I take your order please? I highly recommend the combo #5!

Yeah!

• Combo 1,2, ah 3,4,5
  • Everybody loves Chinese steamed or fried,
  • from the Chinese restaurant around the corner,
  • so you say you want some won-ton soup, I’ll bring your order

138760911_WontonCongee3441.jpg.fcfdf5e12cad24629faaede72752e91f.jpg