• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast 2021

The other day, I made some parsley & Parmesan drop scones (posted above with the squash hash) and froze the extras. 

This morning, I thawed one, split and toasted it lightly and made an egg sandwich with a country ham biscuit slice:

IMG_3478.thumb.jpeg.005fdb09276102aa8c5fe59406304d71.jpeg

A very satisfactory use for these leftovers.  I'll have to try a sausage patty next time.  

• Like 5
  • Delicious 1
3 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

I really need to try your scones.

Yeah, and I would give my eye teeth to try your biscuits and be able to make bread like you do!

The drop scone recipe in Greenfeast omitted the bacon that's in this online version but is otherwise pretty much the same. 

The US version of the book calls for 180g all purpose flour and 2 3/4 tsp of baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt

• Like 1
On 1/14/2021 at 12:11 AM, liuzhou said:

I'm in the middle of packing to move home. Nightmare. So any cooking for the next week or so may be minimal.This morning breakfast was this. No description required.

156228032_20210114_1254101.thumb.jpg.ad5a7ea847f5e5231ed5a997ba559cfb.jpg

What kind of sausage is that? It looks different than the typical breakfast sausage in the states.

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:08 AM, liuzhou said:

New home is about only 10 minutes walk from old home, but moving is still traumatic.

Good luck on the move. How does the kitchen in the old place compare to the new place?