• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2021

liuzhou

On 7/23/2021 at 1:00 AM, robirdstx said:

B0DBCFD5-491D-4910-A9DF-B0786A2E419A.thumb.jpeg.03a5204a8e28756909562ad4c8c3b65a.jpeg

Baked Chicken Thighs with Potatoes, Tomatoes, Onion and Garlic (seasoned with black and cayenne peppers, salt, and dried oregano)

I love the flavour profiles of the dishes that you post!

• Like 4

On 7/23/2021 at 8:09 PM, Ann_T said:

469552344_SablefishwithCajunseasoningJuly23rd2021.thumb.jpg.f3e2ea94fe29e5ddf322b7134b84d57c.jpg

Sablefish with a Cajun rub and oven baked.

Sablefish is tied with halibut for my favourite fish. My husband normally catches a lot of salmon, but after 30 years of a freezer full of salmon, I am over it. Thankfully, he has taken to smoking most of it. Now that, I like!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, liuzhou said:

Confused me too! 

Sorry - I was referring to:

At some point, I guess this was only in my head, I started referring to that sauce as "foot-burning-sauce"...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KennethT said:

Sorry - I was referring to:

At some point, I guess this was only in my head, I started referring to that sauce as "foot-burning-sauce"...

Yeah, thanks. Like @Anna N, I worked it out in the end.

Hey! I hadn't had my first coffee!

• Haha 2

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

SV-seared Turkish-inspired lamb (I used kebab seasoning/spice mix).

647aPJy.jpg

6vLZcoz.jpg

Hard to find Chilean wine from Colchagua valley these days so I grab what I can find.

20Fen1U.jpg

Must be nice to be able to lounge around all day and sleeping during the day when you don't have to pay for food, rent, taxman and answer to your masters in Brussels. (Sleeping great tit juveniles/Parus major). I have a whole family of great tits and blue tits in the garden every spring. Great entertainment in the back garden.

X3Vi2uI.jpg

1dHbEVd.jpg

• Like 14
  • Delicious 2

Tonight dinner was Stir Fry Tacos!

Got the idea from Hello Fresh, it's a slaw, chicken, onions, Asian sauce, corn, sour cream, and crispy onions.  Tortilla is homemade from masa.   Hello Fresh sends the crap that Robert Rodriguez says should just go into the trash :)

20210726_191423.thumb.jpg.7206537beb46277001341fe8dcc984cc.jpg

Edited by Raamo (log)
  • Like 10
  • Delicious 1

1 hour ago, Raamo said:

Tonight dinner was Stir Fry Tacos!

Got the idea from Hello Fresh, it's a slaw, chicken, onions, Asian sauce, corn, sour cream, and crispy onions.  Tortilla is homemade from masa.   Hello Fresh sends the crap that Robert Rodriguez says should just go into the trash :)

20210726_191423.thumb.jpg.7206537beb46277001341fe8dcc984cc.jpg

Nice corn tortilla effort. The thick more pupusa style one can handle a load of goodies :)

• Like 1

Sous vide steak tips cooked with lemon slices and two spice blends (Girl Carnivore's Chick Magnet and Iron Skillet's Ten Gauge), with steamed rapini and fondant potatoes on the side. Gravy made from potatoes and steak liquids.

20210725_201024.jpg

• Like 8
  • Delicious 2

It’s truffle season and I managed to nab a small perigold truffle from the deli! Decided to make lamb since I hadn’t had it in a while with mashed potato (mostly butter) and a zucchini flower stuffed with ricotta, smoked fetta and a hint of honey. On another note, why on earth is it so hard to find Madeira in Australia? I ended up subbing in Tawny Port for the jus but I’m convinced it just doesn’t exist here

74608526-45B9-4552-ABAB-4BB635FFD75D.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Delicious 3

2 hours ago, Jonathan said:

It’s truffle season and I managed to nab a small perigold truffle from the deli! Decided to make lamb since I hadn’t had it in a while with mashed potato (mostly butter) and a zucchini flower stuffed with ricotta, smoked fetta and a hint of honey. On another note, why on earth is it so hard to find Madeira in Australia? I ended up subbing in Tawny Port for the jus but I’m convinced it just doesn’t exist here

74608526-45B9-4552-ABAB-4BB635FFD75D.jpeg

Nice zuke flower coating. I am mostly in love with the phrase " I managed to nab a small perigold truffle from the deli" Clearly your deli is not mine. Lucky you.

Sydney sister arrives Monday - will ask on Madeira. Here it has become "old fashioned".

Edited by heidih (log)
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, heidih said:

Nice zuke flower coating. I am mostly in love with the phrase " I managed to nab a small perigold truffle from the deli" Clearly your deli is not mine. Lucky you.

Sydney sister arrives Monday - will ask on Madeira. Here it has become "old fashioned".

Dan Murphy's had online orders but only for cases and I don't use it often enough to justify a case. It was their last truffle! They get some good treats in from time to time, not consistently but it's always fun to see what they have

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mgaretz said:

Tri-tip, cooked SV then seared, served with corn on the cob, MW'd in the husk.

That looks so good. Simplicity itself. Corn cooked that way always turns out so good without any fuss or muss. 

• Like 5

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

31 minutes ago, mgaretz said:

Tri-tip, cooked SV then seared, served with corn on the cob, MW'd in the husk.

tri-tip-corn.jpg.097db0e05f5231ed6fd14ea2f73ea6e8.jpg

I have not seen any bi-color corn this year. Looks great. Being a Cali native tri-tip to me is always grill ;) and more done