• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2021

liuzhou

3 hours ago, Norm Matthews said:

No. I can tell that he does not eat it as often as before. He declined any at dinner.  He also seldom ever eats left overs or the same thing two days in a row.  I have probably spoiled him.

Probably, but what a blessing to have him around. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gfweb said:

Probably, but what a blessing to have him around. 

Yep. And he seems to inspire you to keep your cooking game top notch.

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

4 hours ago, weinoo said:

Those almost look frankfurter-ish...is that what they are?

Yeap … the “homey” touch if you will. I would never put them in mine, but also have to admit that they truly belong and complete my moms. Family moments ☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

@Kim Shook 

Id like to hear more about your

Ravioli Lasagna .

Tj's has lots of different ravioli 

I might move in this direction

after I fi9nish up w my 

""  Turkey Shephard Pie ""

It's this one.  It is just stacked up cheese ravioli with a pretty good beef and pork Bolognese.  I like the addition of the tomato sauce and some Parm.  We originally bought it for my in laws when they were still in their house and they raved about it so much that we tried one.  We like it a lot and it freezes very well. 

Edited by Kim Shook (log)
  • Like 2

Olive oil and butter fried baby bella mushrooms with homegrown onions and garlic seasoned with Penzey's curry powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, black pepper and sea salt. The last (!?) of this year's harvest of fresh broccoli, last year's frozen cherry tomatoes and purchased organic peas with curry powder.

Cooked with shrimp and bay scallops.

Sauce made with stock from shrimp shells, arrowroot and water blended with other ingredients.

PXL_20211213_000427504.thumb.jpg.2932961e8df357f288777176bdbfc42e.jpg

Edited by Wait. Wot
add important ingredient (log)
  • Like 14
  • Delicious 1

Red curry salmon (my last portions of coho from Wild Alaska) with home grown Thai basil and extra grachai. Somehow I managed to not overcook the crap out of this salmon either. Great. As I'm nearing the end of my Wild salmon, I finally figure out how to cook it properly.

PXL_20211213_005848240.thumb.jpg.54de3046929d92cd86bfbd5f3b177aa9.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 3

On 12/11/2021 at 3:12 PM, heidih said:

The old "when life gives you lemons make lemonade". Those tomatoes hopefully taste as lovely as they look.

No complaints here. MR H thought I had lost my mind during the unpacking. I got a subtle 'happy dance' from the curmudgeon when he unpacked the merguez. The sausage maker of the brand used to work for DanielBouloud. Perfect and tender. Straight to the freezer and will be enjoyed. 

For months to come...😜

Case of 12 boxes of pappardelle in the same order. Mom and Pop will get a nice box of goodies next visit.

Hijiki/nori pappardelle with salmon, shrimp, merguez in a miso tomato broth

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 11.25.35 AM.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Delicious 1

We'll call this one Shrimp Serendipity or Confluence of Leftovers.  We had friends over this weekend and I bought some shrimp for an app but decided we were covered with bruschetta, artichoke tapenade, grilled sausage and St Andre cheese.   I sautéed the shrimp today in the tapenade and added the leftover luganeca sausage along with salt cured olives, capers and meyer lemons.  

IMG_20211213_120207355.thumb.jpg.3d115b942b232d40632d5b52fb0e429f.jpg

• Like 16
  • Delicious 1

28 minutes ago, Honkman said:

Casarecce with pesto alla Trapanese - with almond, tomatoes, garlic, parmesan, chili flakes, parsley, basil and mint

F90CB45B-CF80-440A-8A38-17D9FE413FD2.thumb.jpeg.3de64285d7fd3ef3dc1c8aeffd2f6fe8.jpeg

Your shape looks a little like the gemelli I posted last night, or had I extruded it myself I would have called farmer's pasta.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

7 minutes ago, mgaretz said:

"OMG!  He's posting another pork chop with squash and latkes cooked on the NFG?"  Hey, I like my rut.  At least this time I didn't overcook the latkes or the squash!

nfg-pork-chop13.jpg.846611842edc84841fa726b27ab8afbb.jpg

Did you overcook your pork chop?

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou