• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2021

liuzhou

Lobster spaghetti with garlic lemon sauce.  I would normally put in parsley, but my instacart shopper randomly gave me three bunches of fresh spinach instead of one bunch of flat parsley, so I used basil instead.  We are eating the spinach tonight 😀

1992688_lobsterspaghetti.thumb.jpg.29e916b4b0024f797f4337e28eeddf04.jpg

• Like 13
  • Delicious 6

Busy day so Ninja Foodi came to the rescue with Black Bean Garlic pork ribs.
Not sure what's going on lately, but every time I've stir-fried bok choy, they've turned out tough! Baby Shanghai Bok Choy - same problem!

351948422_IPBlkBeanGarlicRibs5824.jpg.420c241c9d4873318d41a57b426f86d6.jpg 

• Like 9
  • Delicious 4

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

0574948A-3D5E-4F9A-A946-A5FFF172FC87.thumb.jpeg.54b63a5603506647339035c27f473a60.jpeg

Roasted baby potatoes and mushrooms with some blue cheese (St. Agur). 

• Like 15
  • Delicious 3

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

@Ann_TOMG what an awful experience on top of being super worried about Moe.  You did good and handled things so well!!  I'm so glad you're both home safe.  Your pork verde looks incredible.  I haven't made that forever.  Is your recipe on your blog?

@robirdstxThat stew looks really good.  I like that you make everything in big cuts.  I wanna taste the celery, carrots, etc.

@Kim ShookI've been thinking about you and hope you're not working yourself to the bone.  I'll chime in and agree that your sandwich night is a lot fancier than mine ever would be!

We've been eating a LOT of ducks.  A LOT.  I'm pretty sure I've developed a quack and a definite waddle lol.

These are pintails

thumbnail_IMG_1497.jpg.9acf1a78d87879d8368b643bafe9c08b.jpg

Roasted fingerling potatoes and bruss. sprouts along with

thumbnail_IMG_1498.jpg.c787ae3fcca6999905806859cd61da4d.jpg

After seeing @Norm Matthewsgoulash it made me hungry for it.  My version is probably not authentic but it hit the spot.  I used venison burger and some peppers from the garden.

thumbnail_IMG_1503.jpg.0525a3baa9658a1c2f3b630fdc08b9c4.jpg

Broccoli beef

thumbnail_IMG_1504.jpg.264cde9dbb12b856184371a664c89a48.jpg

Last night I roasted a pheasant and fixed up some jarred Alfredo sauce to go over store bought ravioli and opened some green beans I canned.  I was running late because I've been putting up Christmas decor.

thumbnail_IMG_1505.jpg.57a514e20eb2e28dbdf6629d131dd382.jpg

• Like 13
  • Delicious 3

3 hours ago, Shelby said:

@Ann_TOMG what an awful experience on top of being super worried about Moe.  You did good and handled things so well!!  I'm so glad you're both home safe.

A horrid storm on top of surgery recovery. Sounds like the worst in Canadian recorded history with a long infrastructure recovery. Chili Verde looks amazing. 

We have been having brothy soups and salads for over a week now. Last night I made beef/porcini meatballs with feta, cherry tomatoes and olives with a mushroom 'gravy' in roasted spaghetti squash. 

IMG_5966.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Delicious 1

Some soups, shrimp/dumpling in rotation with ham/veg/bean. Easy back burner fare while prepping for the holidays. 

So thankful I was sent an extra 2pound bag of wild gulf shrimp. Just opened the second bag. 

SOUPS 11-21.png

SALAD SLAWS 11-21.png

Edited by Annie_H
typo (log)
  • Like 7
  • Delicious 2

11 hours ago, Dejah said:

Busy day so Ninja Foodi came to the rescue with Black Bean Garlic pork ribs.
Not sure what's going on lately, but every time I've stir-fried bok choy, they've turned out tough! Baby Shanghai Bok Choy - same problem!                                                              

Yesterday's shopping included a baby bok choy.  The plan is to stir fry it tonight.  Better not be tough!

• Like 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Tofu skin, lotus nuts (ran out of the usual gingko nuts with this soup), and pork rib soup was pretty filling. Good thing we had that around 5 pm.
Around 8 is our usual supper / dinner time. Sauteed some shrimp, Char Siu, various vegetables and had that over chow mein.

704746623_TofuSkinsoup5830.jpg.d6feded29b0c1b6087a35f26c2b75e58.jpg

Made the Char Siu yesterday for the freezer, mainly for wonton soups and Hot'n'Sour soups. Old habits from restaurant days -  I must have Char Siu for these soups, etc.

6141535_ShrimpPorkChowMein5831.jpg.e8545d7a029759abde883cc559d71b8d.jpg

• Like 9
  • Delicious 1

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

On 11/23/2021 at 5:41 AM, Duvel said:

Interesting … any details on that ?

Thank you.

Coat pear slices in oil, five spice powder, and lemon juice.  Grill until a bit soft.  Toss in to freshly cooked soba,  toss with a mixture of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and grated ginger.

Edited by Dante (log)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

Dinner for breakfast this morning.

80808117_ChickenStewandDumplingsNovember25th2021.thumb.jpg.1a951e855c803e34595748acf43d617b.jpg

Didn't make it last night so made the chicken stew and dumplings for breakfast.

I love your way of thinking. Eat what you want when you want! And if you don't like something, don't b**** about it just don't eat it!

1 hour ago, Tropicalsenior said:

I love your way of thinking. Eat what you want when you want! And if you don't like something, don't b**** about it just don't eat it!

Thanks @Tropicalsenior, no one should ever have to eat what they don't like.  You can always tell when a plate is Moe's if it has carrots.   I never eat carrots. 

• Like 5