• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2021

liuzhou

Halibut ( seasoned with Penzy Northwoods ) _ Tuscan Artichoke sauce-- Chopped chokes/garlic/ Mezzette martini Olives/Evoo/butter/ deglazed with La Moradina Asti/Sungold and cherry tomato/ heavy creme/ parm/ Mash potatoes/ peas and corn.

50923977096_a706eb7cf7_z.jpg

• Like 15
  • Delicious 1

Its good to have Morels

Well, it was our anniversary yesterday (23 years!), and normally we'd be somewhere not here. So, considering the not insignificant savings garnered from staying home, I ordered from Regalis! Caviar, steaks, truffles, you name it, it got delivered.  Only problem is that I made pizza for lunch, so my wife of 23 years (aka Significant Eater) wasn't too hungry for dinner - hence quashing the plans I'd made for a super supper. This'll be good, I'm sure, whenever we eat it...

IMG_3535.thumb.jpeg.9590a057ffe3279799125c142ef8217d.jpeg

Well, she was a little hungry. I'd made some paté (no picture as it looked like Kranmar's mystery appetizer) and also these:

IMG_3514.thumb.JPG.4ef6a6b4d92ccadfe79b0246327dd195.JPG

Parmesan crackers, which are really good. And this:

846153949_IMG_35362.thumb.jpeg.6f017af42847d80d849946e96f10138b.jpeg

Fresh black truffle risotto. It hit the not-too-hungry spot.

Edited by weinoo (log)
  • Like 17
  • Delicious 3

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

55 minutes ago, weinoo said:

🤣Well, it was our anniversary yesterday (23 years!), and normally we'd be somewhere not here. So, considering the not insignificant savings garnered from staying home, I ordered from Regalis! Caviar, steaks, truffles, you name it, it got delivered.  Only problem is that I made pizza for lunch, so my wife of 23 years (aka Significant Eater) wasn't too hungry for dinner - hence quashing the plans I'd made for a super supper. This'll be good, I'm sure, whenever we eat it...

IMG_3535.thumb.jpeg.9590a057ffe3279799125c142ef8217d.jpeg

Well, she was a little hungry. I'd made some paté (no picture as it looked like Kranmar's mystery appetizer) and also these:

IMG_3514.thumb.JPG.4ef6a6b4d92ccadfe79b0246327dd195.JPG

Parmesan crackers, which are really good. And this:

846153949_IMG_35362.thumb.jpeg.6f017af42847d80d849946e96f10138b.jpeg

Fresh black truffle risotto. It hit the not-too-hungry spot.

Wow!!!  Happy Anniversary!!  I've never heard of that site--I just looked it up.   Lots of foods there that are on my bucket list.  Ronnie told me to lose that site lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Yea, happy anniversary @weinoo!!   Our's was yesterday too (only 11yrs but feels like 23).  Seeing what a big deal you make of it, next year we can be over for that steak and risoto!  Lets add a tin of the Osetra w blinis! 

Sadly with all the snow and my recent molar extraction I couldn't muster up more than this asian influenced dark meat stir fry in a brown garlic sc w a dash of dry mustard powder for good measure.  Added a nice dimension. 

chikstir.thumb.jpg.1ce219d7fcd5cc80d5c490e1bbdd4e17.jpg

Smart Cookie staying warm and dry!

dryCook.thumb.jpg.d54d9e8747712edc04ef33a215b85f40.jpg

• Like 13
  • Delicious 1

That wasn't chicken

1 hour ago, kayb said:

Happy anniversary, @weinoo and Mrs. Weinoo!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Eatmywords said:

Yea, happy anniversary @weinoo!!   Our's was yesterday too (only 11yrs but feels like 23).  Seeing what a big deal you make of it, next year we can be over for that steak and risoto!  Lets add a tin of the Osetra w blinis! 

Seriously?! Same day??!!

Happy Anniversary to you two too!

I actually did get some caviar (they had an offer free a free tin of their Kaluga with a minimum purchase), and I'll make blini - but as I said, too full for a big dinner yesterday.

RE: Next year - it'll have to be a different date, as we plan on being far away at this time next year!

• Like 5

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

1 hour ago, weinoo said:

RE: Next year - it'll have to be a different date, as we plan on being far away at this time next year!

Fingers crossed for this!  I was hoping things would be cleared up enough to be able to travel int'l this summer, but from teh looks of things, it doesn't seem like that's in the cards. So many countries still not allowing int'l travel (or have restrictions like a 5-10 day quarantine which is basically the length of our entire trip!)

8 hours ago, weinoo said:

Thank you!

Seriously?! Same day??!!

Happy Anniversary to you two too!

I actually did get some caviar (they had an offer free a free tin of their Kaluga with a minimum purchase), and I'll make blini - but as I said, too full for a big dinner yesterday.

My son's was three days ago -- but 24 years.

• Like 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Pullum Parthicum variation (using chicken breast instead of a whole spatchcocked chicken), cooked in red wine, black pepper, asafoetida, celery leaf, ground caraway seed, and fish sauce. served with couscous and arugula.

20210209_200243.jpg

• Like 6
  • Delicious 1