• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dejah

Dejah

On 12/1/2021 at 7:53 PM, Anna N said:

Thank you. Although it looks crispy and it was quite delicious it  did not have that “crackle” that you get with pork skin. I have tried dozens and dozens and dozens of techniques. I can get pork skin crispy and I can get chicken skin crispy but be damned if I can actually get duck skin crispy. 

I get chicken wings really crispy if I sprinkle baking powder on them and cook in the Ninja Foodie (air fryer mode). I wonder if it would work for duck breasts...hmmm will have an experiment soon.
But the skin on duck breasts are thicker...hmmm...

Dejah

Dejah

On 12/1/2021 at 7:53 PM, Anna N said:

Thank you. Although it looks crispy and it was quite delicious it  did not have that “crackle” that you get with pork skin. I have tried dozens and dozens and dozens of techniques. I can get pork skin crispy and I can get chicken skin crispy but be damned if I can actually get duck skin crispy. 

I get chicken wings really crispy if I sprinkle baking powder on them and cook in the Ninja Foodie (air fryer mode). I wonder if it would work for duck breasts...hmmm will have an experiment soon.