• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

IMG_5563.thumb.jpeg.70bcb8b4e8926a6aede72eef92c32341.jpeg

Let's call this a faux-llabaisse.

Base of 3 slices bacon, leeks, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, tomato paste.  White wine, house-made fish/shrimp stock, bottled clam juice, tomatoes, saffron, espelette, bouquet garni, and potatoes. Right before serving, added cut up halibut, Pacific cod, Pacific rockfish (all 3 fish from Wild Alaska). This was delicious, and to my taste a perfect way to use that fish to its best advantage.

ETA: I forgot the bacon!

weinoo

weinoo

Base of leeks, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, tomato paste.  White wine, house-made fish/shrimp stock, bottled clam juice, tomatoes, saffron, espelette, bouquet garni, and potatoes. Right before serving, added cut up halibut, Pacific cod, Pacific rockfish (all 3 fish from Wild Alaska). This was delicious, and to my taste a perfect way to use that fish to its best advantage.

weinoo

weinoo

Base of leeks, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, tomato paste.  White wine, house-made fish/shrimp stock, bottled clam juice, tomatoes and potatoes. Right before serving, added cut up halibut, Pacific cod, Pacific rockfish (all 3 fish from Wild Alaska). This was delicious, and to my taste a perfect way to use that fish to its best advantage.