• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Dinner tonight didn't happen as planned. I went on a seafood hunt this afternoon intending to do something undecided for dinner, but someone called me and asked to meet over a meal. This was from someone who has pushed a lot of business my way over the last few years so I couldn't really refuse. 

The seafood can wait until tomorrow. I didn't live this long by not knowing how to safely hold fresh seafood over till next day.

They were all alive when I got back from the market. The crab and oysters still are; the shrimp, alas, have gone to shrimpy heaven and been respectfully buried in my fridge.

Breakfast should be interesting.

The food at dinner with my contact was edible if uninteresting, but I did end up with a reasonably lucrative contract for the next year. That'll pay for a good few noodles and beer!

1147865799_redcrabs.thumb.jpg.ab81b3a14dc3004cb08ee7bbde5a04e6.jpg

Red Crab

oysters.thumb.jpg.9911b3497cd9f70c409fab6d236781ef.jpg

Oysters

shrimp.thumb.jpg.c0a98ab14579aec0a2a1162e2090f225.jpg

They were still alive when I took the picture, but clearly relaxing!

liuzhou

liuzhou

Dinner tonight didn't happen as planned. I went on a seafood hunt this afternoon intending to do something undecided for dinner, but someone called me and asked to meet over a meal. This was from someone who has pushed a lot of business my way over the last few years so I couldn't really refuse. 

The seafood can wait until tomorrow. I didn't live this long by not knowing how to safely hold fresh seafood over till next day.

They were all alive when I got back from the market. The crab and oysters still are; the shrimp, alas, have gone to shrimpy heaven.

The food at dinner with my contact was edible if uninteresting, but I did end up with a reasonably lucrative contract for the next year. That'll pay for a good few noodles and beer!

Red Crab

Oysters

liuzhou

liuzhou

They were all alive when I got back from the market. The crab and oysters still are; the shrimp, alas, have gone to shrimpy heaven.

Red Crab

Oysters

liuzhou

liuzhou

Red Crab

Oysters