• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

@Shelby, love your serving dish.

3 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

@Ann_T – I’m now craving a turkey dinner.  Time to start haunting the grocery stores for turkey necks so I can make my stock/gravy.  Can you please give me a link to your dressing?  It looks perfect.

@Kim Shook, I just realized that I've never actually posted the dressing recipe on the blog.  It is just a traditional bread dressing with onions and celery sauted in butter,  then simmered in chicken broth, seasoned with salt, pepper and rubbed sage.  Tossed with bread cubes (I cut the bread up the day before and leave to dry overnight.  Add some chopped parsley and add a little more chicken broth if needed to make the dressing moist.  I bake in a casserole rather than in the turkey.  

Ann_T

Ann_T

@Shelby, love your serving dish.

3 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

@Ann_T – I’m now craving a turkey dinner.  Time to start haunting the grocery stores for turkey necks so I can make my stock/gravy.  Can you please give me a link to your dressing?  It looks perfect.

@Kim, I just realized that I've never actually posted the dressing recipe on the blog.  It is just a traditional bread dressing with onions and celery sauted in butter,  then simmered in chicken broth, seasoned with salt, pepper and rubbed sage.  Tossed with bread cubes (I cut the bread up the day before and leave to dry overnight.  Add some chopped parsley and add a little more chicken broth if needed to make the dressing moist.  I bake in a casserole rather than in the turkey.