• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Yep - that's what I've seen on menus that offer the Vietnamese words on their menus.  I've seen them on TV a couple of times, but not all the Vietnamese places in our area have them.

Sadly, my local Vietnamese restaurant doesn't have bánh xèo, either. Fortunately, Vietnam is just down the road. Or will be when we can  travel again.

The best bánh xèo I've eaten were these in Ho Chi Ming City(Saigon). The restaurant only does that one dish.

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Yep - that's what I've seen on menus that offer the Vietnamese words on their menus.  I've seen them on TV a couple of times, but not all the Vietnamese places in our area have them.

Sadly, my local Vietnamese restaurant doesn't have bánh xèo, either. Fortunately, Vietnam is just down the road about. Or will be when we can  travel again.

The best bánh xèo I've eaten were these in Ho Chi Ming City(Saigon). The restaurant only does that one dish.