• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

2 hours ago, Jonathan said:

It’s truffle season and I managed to nab a small perigold truffle from the deli! Decided to make lamb since I hadn’t had it in a while with mashed potato (mostly butter) and a zucchini flower stuffed with ricotta, smoked fetta and a hint of honey. On another note, why on earth is it so hard to find Madeira in Australia? I ended up subbing in Tawny Port for the jus but I’m convinced it just doesn’t exist here

74608526-45B9-4552-ABAB-4BB635FFD75D.jpeg

Nice zuke flower coating. I am mostly in love with the phrase " I managed to nab a small perigold truffle from the deli" Clearly your deli is not mine. Lucky you.

Sydney sister arrives Monday - will ask on Madeira. Here it has become "old fashioned".

heidih

heidih

2 hours ago, Jonathan said:

It’s truffle season and I managed to nab a small perigold truffle from the deli! Decided to make lamb since I hadn’t had it in a while with mashed potato (mostly butter) and a zucchini flower stuffed with ricotta, smoked fetta and a hint of honey. On another note, why on earth is it so hard to find Madeira in Australia? I ended up subbing in Tawny Port for the jus but I’m convinced it just doesn’t exist here

74608526-45B9-4552-ABAB-4BB635FFD75D.jpeg

Nice zuke flower coating. I am mostly in love with the phrase " I managed to nab a small perigold truffle from the deli" Clearly your deli is not mine. Lucky you.