• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dcarch

dcarch

Slugs, snails are the bane of all lovers of hostas.

I love hostas for my garden. They are beautiful and require no care. I have hundreds of them. Fortunately I don’t have a slug/snail problem.

Snails are a boon and a bane for me. I love snails, the French kind. I wish I could import some live French variety of snails, but there are laws forbidding that. You can only get canned ones here.

I love hostas also because they are delicious. Hosta is a common vegetable in some countries.

So I decided to make a dish with Hosta blossom scapes, some French escargots and some shrimps and dungeness crab legs.

dcarch

hosta blossom stems 2021.jpg

escargo hosta blossom stems 2021 b.jpg

escargo hosta blossom stems 2021.jpg

dcarch

dcarch

Slugs, snails are the bane of all lovers of hostas.

I love hostas for my garden. They are beautiful and require no care. I have hundreds of them. Fortunately I don’t have a slug/snail problem.

Snails are a boon and a bane for me. I love snails, the French kind. I wish I could import some live French variety of snails, but there are laws forbidding that. You can only get canned ones here.

I love hostas also because they are delicious. Hosta is a common vegetable in some countries.

So I decided to make a dish with Hosta blossom scapes, some French escargots and some shrimps and dungeness crab legs.

dcarch

hosta blossom stems 2021.jpg

escargo hosta blossom stems 2021 b.jpg

escargo hosta blossom stems 2021.jpg