• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

20 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

They just never get here for some reason

Since my two housemates are from Nicaragua I hear a lot about the difference in the food and the produce that is available to them. One of the strangest, to me, was the preference in the tomatoes. For years, all that was available in Costa Rica was the little round tomato. In Nicaragua, all that was available was the Roma variety. Thankfully, now they are both available here. Many people here call the tomatos on the right Nicaraguan tomatoes.

20210621_080854.thumb.jpg.29667dbf346766975195cae3a13ebd72.jpg

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

9 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

They just never get here for some reason

Since my two housemates are from Nicaragua I hear a lot about the difference in the food and the produce that is available to them. One of the strangest, to me, was the preference in the tomatoes. For years, all that was available in Costa Rica was the little round tomato. In Nicaragua, all that was available was the Roma variety. Thankfully, now they are both available here. Many people here call the tomato on the right Nicaraguan tomatoes.

20210621_080854.thumb.jpg.29667dbf346766975195cae3a13ebd72.jpg