• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dante

Dante

I was given a Hello Fresh box at work recently, which contained ingredients for two meals. After looking over the contents, taking in to account that this was for two meals, a phrase that my dad used to use sprang to mind "That's not even enough to keep a bird alive!". So I decided to combine what I'd gotten with some things I had in my pantry.
I sauteed the onion and garlic, then added a packet of the stock concentrate, diced and threw in the plum tomato, then added the chickpeas supplemented with another can of chickpeas. After that I added a can of tomato puree and the sun dried tomatoes, reduced that to a thick stew-like consistency and added the grape tomatoes. After letting that cook for a few minutes I added the fresh parsley and chives, finished w/sour cream and topped it with the sliced almonds and Parmesan. I saved the cream cheese, pistachios, and the lemon for later use.

20210607_192612.jpg

20210607_183646.jpg

Dante

Dante

I was given a Hello Fresh box at work recently, which contained ingredients for two meals. After looking over the contents, taking in to account that this was for two meals, a phrase that my dad used to use sprang to mind "That's not even enough to keep a bird alive!". So I decided to combine what I'd gotten with some things I had in my pantry.
I sauteed the onion and garlic, then added a packet of the stock concentrate, diced and threw in the plum tomato, then added the chickpeas supplemented with another can of chickpeas. After that I added a can of tomato puree and the sun dried tomatoes, reduced that to a thick stew-like consistency and added the grape tomatoes. After letting that cook for a few minutes I added the fresh parsley+chives, and finished w/sour cream and topped it with the sliced almonds and Parmesan. I saved the cream cheese, pistachios, and the lemon for later use.

20210607_192612.jpg

20210607_183646.jpg