• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

24 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Years ago when I first bought shrimp from a fishmonger he gave me the best advice that I have ever had. He told me that the shrimp themselves will tell me when they're cooked. When they curl into a C they are cooked. If they curl up into an O they are overcooked. It always works for me.

I'd say that's roughly correct, but then again it depends how well you like the critters cooked.  I prefer the regular size to be marginally undercooked, by many people's taste.

I wonder what your fishmonger would recommend for these, bought this week in the local market.

39811240_giantprawns.thumb.jpg.17d5e506405b7b6217e73d7e0d874fb6.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

5 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

Years ago when I first bought shrimp from a fishmonger he gave me the best advice that I have ever had. He told me that the shrimp themselves will tell me when they're cooked. When they curl into a C they are cooked. If they curl up into an O they are overcooked. It always works for me.

I'd say that's roughly correct, but then again it depends how well you like the critters cooked.  I prefer the regular size to be marginally uindercooked, by many people's taste.

I wonder what your fishmonger would recommend for these, bought this week in the local market.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 minute ago, Tropicalsenior said:

I'd say that's roughly correct, but then again it depends how well you like the critters cooked.  I prefe r the regular size to be marginally uindercooked, by many people's taste.