• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

Missing ingredients

A last minute celebration was called for, so dug out my old Emergency (same day) pizza recipe (from pre-baker's percent). My current dough uses 572 grams flour (mix of semolina and bread flour) for TWO dough balls. The old recipe on which it was based used 421 grams flour for ONE dough ball.

The dough was soft and pillowy. Brushed with olive oil, granulated garlic, shredded Fontina, sliced/shaved garlic scapes, pineapple (slightly dehydrated in APO), red bell pepper, chopped basil, Mozzarella, Parmesan. Chopped jalapeno on the side.

I cooked it longer because the dough wasn't darkening, which made the crusts quite dry. As you see from crumb, the centre didn't get sufficiently cooked.

Thought it was going to be great. It wasn't. My friends, however, have called for one of my regular pizzas very soon, so they can compare. 🤣 🤣

IMG_3226cropped.thumb.jpg.5c0deb3cab53f52cb71efb37dafc6055.jpgIMG_3225cropped.thumb.jpg.2e30b6e0fe0b01dd22810ae4f188a080.jpg

TdeV

TdeV

A last minute celebration was called for, so dug out my old Emergency (same day) pizza recipe (from pre-baker's percent). My current dough uses 572 grams flour (mix of semolina and bread flour) for TWO dough balls. The old recipe on which it was based used 421 grams flour for ONE dough ball.

The dough was soft and pillowy. Brushed with olive oil, granulated garlic, shredded Fontina, pineapple (slightly dehydrated in APO), red bell pepper, chopped basil, Mozzarella, Parmesan. Chopped jalapeno on the side.

I cooked it longer because the dough wasn't darkening, which made the crusts quite dry. As you see from crumb, the centre didn't get sufficiently cooked.

Thought it was going to be great. It wasn't. My friends, however, have called for one of my regular pizzas very soon, so they can compare. 🤣 🤣

IMG_3226cropped.thumb.jpg.5c0deb3cab53f52cb71efb37dafc6055.jpgIMG_3225cropped.thumb.jpg.2e30b6e0fe0b01dd22810ae4f188a080.jpg