• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

5 hours ago, gfweb said:

Got a recipe?

It''s not so much a recipe as a method.

Take cucumber(s) and bash (not too hard) with the back of a cleaver or similar to break the flesh, then slice into large bite size pieces. Mix one part finely chopped garlic, 1 part light soy sauce, 2 parts rice vinegar (I use black but white is OK, too) and two parts Sichuan chili oil. Some people like to add sugar, too. I don't. Use this mixture to dress the cucumber. I usually garnish with a chili or two.

401437420_Smackedcucumber.thumb.jpg.49e8083eacd0289d795f045bbdcc7f57.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

Just now, gfweb said:

Got a recipe?

It''s not so much a recipe as a method.

Take cucumber and bash it (not too hard) with the back of a cleaver or similar, then slice it into bite size pieces. Mix one part finely chopped garlic, 1 part soy sauce, 2 parts rice vinegar (I use black, but white is OK too) and two parts Sichuan chili oil. Some people like to add sugar, too. I don't. Use this mixture to dress the cucumber.I usually garnish with a chili or two.

401437420_Smackedcucumber.thumb.jpg.49e8083eacd0289d795f045bbdcc7f57.jpg