• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

typo

21 hours ago, heidih said:

I had not heard of the red Tabby spinach. Reading, it sounds on the firm side with a stronger taste - things I like in spinach. Did you enjoy it?

It was about the same size as the baby spinach you get in the clamshell boxes at the grocery, with longer red stems, but definitely held up better than your typical baby spinach.  I thought it had more flavor too.  I really liked it and hope we get it again.  This is the first year the farm has grown this variety of spinach, so I plan on sending them an email with positive feedback.

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

21 hours ago, heidih said:

I had not heard of the red Tabby spinach. Reading, it sounds on the firm side with a stronger taste - things I like in spinach. Did you enjoy it?

It was about the same size as the baby spinach you get in the clamshell boxes at the grocery, with longer red stems, but definitely held up better than your typical baby spinach.  I thought it had more flavor too.  I really liked it and hope we get it again.  This is the first ear the farm has grown this variety of spinach, so I plan on sending them an email with positive feedback.