• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

E5833C07-8E89-43E4-B4ED-BA8FF9BF6E29.thumb.jpeg.35dd01a724712ac0b7b8ddb1c6ae82e5.jpeg

Paella, with chorizo, chicken, and wild gulf shrimp.  When the paella is finished (that is, when I turn off the heat), I put the raw shrimp on top of the rice and cover the whole thing  for around 5 minutes.  Shrimp steams in the residual heat and is super tender, moist and delicious that way.

Peas and carrots on the side.

Oh - the shells were used to make a stock, which was the liquid for this paella.

weinoo

weinoo

E5833C07-8E89-43E4-B4ED-BA8FF9BF6E29.thumb.jpeg.35dd01a724712ac0b7b8ddb1c6ae82e5.jpeg

Paella, with chorizo, chicken, and wild gulf shrimp.  When the paella is finished (that is, when I turn off the heat), I put the raw shrimp on top of the rice and cover the whole thing  for around 5 minutes.  Shrimp steams in the residual heat and is super tender, moist and delicious that way.

Peas and carrots on the side.