• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Typo

1 hour ago, weinoo said:

But the thing you've gained is perspective... and wisdom.

So you realize that, for instance, air fried potatoes are no match for real French fries (or whatever you call them up there). Air "fried" shrimp vs. fried shrimp? No match. And then that wisdom and perspective tell you that if you can't have real fried shrimp or potatoes, might as well make them in a way where they'll taste even better, and that may be via roasting in duck fat (potatoes) or griddling on a plancha (shrimp). If you get my drift!

Thanks. But you give me too much credit on all counts!

Anna N

Anna N

11 minutes ago, weinoo said:

But the thing you've gained is perspective... and wisdom.

So you realize that, for instance, air fried potatoes are no match for real French fries (or whatever you call them up there). Air "fried" shrimp vs. fried shrimp? No match. And then that wisdom and perspective tell you that if you can't have real fried shrimp or potatoes, might as well make them in a way where they'll taste even better, and that may be via roasting in duck fat (potatoes) or griddling on a plancha (shrimp). If you get my drift!

Thanks. But you give me too much credit on all accounts!