• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

addition

No, I lived there for a short time in the early 70s. It was the same year that their favorite son, Evel Knievel, fell in the Snake River. Also, it was the same time that the mine started to devour and destroy old time downtown Butte. I would have loved to have seen Butte in the sixties before they destroyed it. With all the different ethnic groups, Butte had a fantastic food history. When @Margaret Pilgrim mentioned Butte diner food, it made me remember the hundred-year-old diner downtown that had the ratty old wolverine in the window. Her hot beef sandwich looked just like theirs.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

No, I lived there for a short time in the early 70s. It was the same year that their favorite son, Evel Knievel, fell in the Snake River. Also, it was the same time that the mine started to devour and destroy old time downtown Butte. I would have loved to have seen Butte in the sixties. With all the different ethnic groups, Butte had a fantastic food history. When @Margaret Pilgrim mentioned Butte diner food, it made me remember the hundred-year-old diner downtown that had the ratty old wolverine in the window. Her hot beef sandwich looked just like theirs.