• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

35 minutes ago, mgaretz said:

Sorry for the delayed reply.  I made a mental note to respond when I got back to a computer, but of course that's the wrong place for reminders!

The breading was 3 steps:  flour seasoned with salt and pepper, beaten egg and panko seasoned with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders (actually granulated), paprika and sugar.  I don't measure but about 1/2 cup of panko, a tsp of salt and sugar, and about 1/2 tsp of the rest.

Dry the chops (onion rings don't need it) then dredge in flour, then dip in the egg then coat with panko.  Place in the air fryer tray. Once they are all on the tray, spray them lightly with cooking oil spray.  I use an olive oil spray.  Into the BSOA on air fryer mode at 400F for 15 minutes.  All cooked together, but you can do in batches if you are feeding more people.

Thanks!

Did the batter stick to the basket? That's a big problem for me

gfweb

gfweb

34 minutes ago, mgaretz said:

Sorry for the delayed reply.  I made a mental note to respond when I got back to a computer, but of course that's the wrong place for reminders!

The breading was 3 steps:  flour seasoned with salt and pepper, beaten egg and panko seasoned with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders (actually granulated), paprika and sugar.  I don't measure but about 1/2 cup of panko, a tsp of salt and sugar, and about 1/2 tsp of the rest.

Dry the chops (onion rings don't need it) then dredge in flour, then dip in the egg then coat with panko.  Place in the air fryer tray. Once they are all on the tray, spray them lightly with cooking oil spray.  I use an olive oil spray.  Into the BSOA on air fryer mode at 400F for 15 minutes.  All cooked together, but you can do in batches if you are feeding more people.

Thanks!

Did the batter stick to the tray? That's a big problem for me