• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

KennethT

KennethT

5 hours ago, Shelby said:

Roasted a couple of mallard ducks last night.

thumbnail_IMG_0340.jpg.06aaec5a0b8276eec1c1a80ef30cf0d4.jpg

Made a mushroom/red wine/cream sauce, Brussels sprouts and Yukon gold (I'm now convinced that these make the best mashed potatoes ever)mashed to go with.

thumbnail_IMG_0341.jpg.eb46d58c3dd5917df2acc8826aab9c8b.jpg

Those ducks look amazing....  if you like mashed potatoes with Yukons, try some fingerlings sometime - I think they're even better, but they're a pita to peel because they're so small.

KennethT

KennethT

5 hours ago, Shelby said:

Roasted a couple of mallard ducks last night.

thumbnail_IMG_0340.jpg.06aaec5a0b8276eec1c1a80ef30cf0d4.jpg

Made a mushroom/red wine/cream sauce, Brussels sprouts and Yukon gold (I'm now convinced that these make the best mashed potatoes ever)mashed to go with.

thumbnail_IMG_0341.jpg.eb46d58c3dd5917df2acc8826aab9c8b.jpg

Those ducks look amazing....  if you like mashed potatoes with Yukons, try some fingerlings sometime - I think they're even better, but their a pita to peel because they're so small.