• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Well, I made it through the year from hell!

it's still early on New Years' Day, but I'm cooking my favourite pork ribs proper Chinese style, a process that takes all day. Will have for dinner tonight. The ribs were chopped into bite-sized pieces by the market vendor.

ribs.thumb.jpg.a6039dfebcca486167b5fdac4d822c35.jpg

Step one is to cover the ribs with cold water and bring to the boil. As soon as the water boils, drain it off through a colander. Drain the ribs and wash the pan. This cleans the ribs and gets rid of any scum, adhering impurities etc. I then re-cover with cold water, bring back to the boil and simmer for 45 minutes.

scum.thumb.jpg.6b2c41d4d28e586bcc466199dbc9b9bb.jpg

Scum

Note that no  seaoning is added yet. After 45 minutes,  drain and let cool.

to be continued

liuzhou

liuzhou

it's still early on New Years' Day, but I'm cooking my favourite pork ribs proper Chinese style, a process that takes all day. Will have for dinner tonight. The ribs were chopped into bite-sized pieces by the market vendor.

Step one is to cover the ribs with cold water and bring to the boil. As soon as the water boils, drain it off through a colander. Drain the ribs and wash the pan. This cleans the ribs and gets rid of any scum, adhering impurities etc. I then re-cover with cold water, bring back to the boil and simmer for 45 minutes.

Scum

to be continued

liuzhou

liuzhou

Scum

to be continued

liuzhou

liuzhou

Scum

Step two to follow.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Step one is to cover the ribs with cold water and bring to the boil. As soon as the water boils, drain it off through a colander. Drain the ribs and wash the pan. This cleans the ribs and gets rid of any adhering impurities. I then re-cover with cold water, bring back to the boil and simmer for 45 minutes.

Step two to follow.

liuzhou

liuzhou

it's still early on New Years' Day, but I'm cooking my favourite pork ribs proper Chinese style a process that takes all day. Will have for dinner tonight. The ribs were chopped into bite-sized pieces by the market vendor.

Step one is to cover the ribs with cold water and bring to the boil. As soon as the water boils, drain it off through a colander. This cleans the ribs and gets rid of any adhering impurities. I then re-cover with cold water, bring back to the boil and simmer for 45 minutes.

liuzhou

liuzhou

it's still early on New Years'Day, but I'm cooking my favourite pork ribs proper Chinese style a process that takes all day. Will have for dinner tonight. The ribs were chopped into bite-sized pieces by the market vendor.

Step one is to cover the ribs with cold water and bring to the boil. As soon as the water boils, drain it off through a colander. This cleans the ribs and gets rid of any adhering impurities. I then re-cover with cold water, bring back to the boil and simmer for 45 minutes.

liuzhou

liuzhou

it's still early on New Years'Day, but I'm cooking my favourite pork ribs proper Chinese style a process that takes all day. Will have for dinner tonight. The ribs were chopped into bite-sized pieces by the market vendor.

Step one is to cover the ribs with cold water and bring to th eboil. As soon as the water boils, drain it off through a colander. This cleans the ribs and gets rid of any adhering impurities. I then re-cover with cold water, bring back to the boil and simmer for 45 minutes.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1508334619_beefribsmarinating.thumb.jpg.215c1d02f20c0385a54ac13ec5ad70bf.jpg