• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from Vancouver, BC

jamesyu

I lived in Vancouver back in the 80s, mostly on the east side (Commercial Dr area), and my sister still lives there. Lots of good memories.

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

23 hours ago, chromedome said:

I lived in Vancouver back in the 80s, mostly on the east side (Commercial Dr area), and my sister still lives there. Lots of good memories.

Live very close by, in the Kingsway/Fraser area. 

On 12/31/2020 at 1:02 PM, FauxPas said:

I was born in St. Paul's but grew up mostly NE of the city - Maple Ridge, Belcarra, Port Moody. 

Awesome, I grew up in Burnaby (so not really Van), but live in Vancouver now

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 6:39 PM, Okanagancook said:

Welcome @jamesyu

which Mexican cookbooks are you using?  
I tend to gravitate with towards Rick Bayless 

Jeez I'm not even this sophisticated! I just love food and google any number of different recipes I can find. I'll definitely look into this though. Thank you!

• Like 1