• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

This year gave me a lot of spare time, and because of that...

Lieuwe

Hello all,

To introduce myself: familyman, three kids, some pets and I'm Dutch.

As mentioned, this year gave me a lot of spare time as I could work from home. That also gave me time to think about other things, specifically our kitchen apliances.

So, this year:

- got myself a new vacuum packing machine, upgraded my Ice Cream Machine and dusted of my steam oven.

What I would like to get out of this forum: share/get tips and tricks on anything related to my "upgraded"  hobby :-).

• Like 7

6 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

@Lieuwe what brands are your appliances?

Vacuum Sealer is a Diamond GA-102/N, but actually a Henkelman Jumbo 30.

Ice Cream Machine is a Nemox Gelato Pro 3000. Earlier model, but nearly looks the same as the current ones.

Steam Oven is a Tefal VitaDelice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TdeV said:

Hello Lieuwe,

You will soon discover that you don't own nearly enough appliances. This is a dangerous place for those who like appliances. Welcome to eGullet!

Usually my wife doesn't see the point why I buy them. Until she finds out how usefull they are :-).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ElsieD said:

Welcome to the forum.  I was born in Holland.  Whereabouts are you?  I was born in Zutphen and still have a lot of family there.  Are you making olibollen and appleflappen for New Year's?

Born in Friesland, moved around a bit and now settled in Sleeuwijk.

I'll be ordering our oliebollen this year as I replaced the frying pan with an airfryer :-). And no regrets there.