• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

4 hours ago, Anna N said:

Don’t have the book but you might enjoy his website.  Same use of metric, imperial and volume measurements.

Merci!  

3 hours ago, BetD said:

I am balking at the price tag... $23 for a Kindle version is more that I am willing to part with.

The actual book, the thing that you can hold in your hands and write in and spill shit on, is less. That's what I'm getting.

3 hours ago, Anna N said:

Yep. I resent paying that kind of money for a book that is basically only being loaned to me and which I cannot resell or even lend. I tend to draw the line at $9.99 CDN. It has to be really something to persuade me to part with more than that.

See above. I own 0 kindle books. For loans, I hit up my device and get them from the library. 

weinoo

weinoo

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

Don’t have the book but you might enjoy his website.  Same use of metric, imperial and volume measurements.

Merci!  

1 hour ago, BetD said:

I am balking at the price tag... $23 for a Kindle version is more that I am willing to part with.

The actual book, the thing that you can hold in your hands and write in and spill shit on, is less. That's what I'm getting.

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

Yep. I resent paying that kind of money for a book that is basically only being loaned to me and which I cannot resell or even lend. I tend to draw the line at $9.99 CDN. It has to be really something to persuade me to part with more than that.

See above. I own 0 kindle books. For loans, I hit up my device and get then from the library.