• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help needed with a Tomric mold

Darienne

I own a particular Tomric mold, Disc no# I-2023:.16" x 1.30 (dia) .14 oz/4g. 30 cavity.   It's been so long since I actually worked with chocolate and this is for mixing in an isolate pharmaceutical and so I need to get it right.  I'm not functioning as well as I would wish and am asking for help. 

I need to make 25 discs in this mold.  Can someone please tell me how much chocolate I should use.   Does the blurb after the disc number mean that each cavity holds 4 g.?

Thanks. Oh I don't have a scale which registers much less than 4 g.  It's an inexpensive Starfrit and we use it to weigh the dogs' food. 

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I need to mix the isolate into the chocolate before I fill the moulds so therefoe 25 x 4grams = 100 grams of chocolate to do the job.  How simple it is once you get a bit of help and settle down.  Thanks as always Kerry.  How often you have been there for me.  And so many others too.

• Like 2

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.