• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Christmas Pre Starter Mystery item in the picture :Sweetbreads with Parsnip Air and Curry Oil

daniel123456789876543

Hello,

I am creating this prestarter for christmas day lunch. Decided to cook sweatbreads after seeing it on Masterchef! This is the recipe I am using https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/veal-sweetbreads-recipe-parsnip-air-and-curry-oil

91107021_Screenshot2020-12-23at10_50_01.png.65f8212c655e989c5b6e6706a304c28a.png

In the picture I have circled in red a layer under the Sweatbread there is no mention of it in the recipe and I have no idea what it may be apart from maybe something like caviar! Anybody have any ideas or is it part of the sweatbread?

Thanks,

Daniel

4 hours ago, daniel123456789876543 said:

Hello,

I am creating this prestarter for christmas day lunch. Decided to cook sweatbreads after seeing it on Masterchef! This is the recipe I am using https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/veal-sweetbreads-recipe-parsnip-air-and-curry-oil

91107021_Screenshot2020-12-23at10_50_01.png.65f8212c655e989c5b6e6706a304c28a.png

In the picture I have circled in red a layer under the Sweatbread there is no mention of it in the recipe and I have no idea what it may be apart from maybe something like caviar! Anybody have any ideas or is it part of the sweatbread?

Thanks,

Daniel

If I had to eat lunch on xmas day, parsnip air would be about all I could handle. That and a cup of tea.

8 hours ago, daniel123456789876543 said:

Hello,

Thanks,

Daniel

KjfGp97.jpg

• Like 1

@BonVivantGreat idea to adjust the brightness/contrast.  It definitely looks like some kind of wilted green... could be spinach, pea shoots... I don't think it's that important overall - sometimes, things are added to restaurant dishes for reasons like stability when carrying the plate through the restaurant - like a bit of cookie crumbled under a scoop of ice cream.  Otherwise, the round piece of sweetbread could roll around the plate while in transit between kitchen and table.

• Like 1