• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

39 minutes ago, weinoo said:

Reasons we purchase are far from objective. They're also, in my opinion, far from perceived. I stopped shopping at IKEA (and this is after we gut renovated a kitchen and did a full IKEA renovation) after I found out more about its founder.

I think we deviated from the OP’s question,  and I apologise.

Let me finish my contribution to this thread assuring you again that I have no objection to your choices. I did not agree with your arguments on the quality/origin, and thus have stated mine.

Again, I can and do not contest your choices based on perceived image value, and will certainly not contest your choice based on historical/political facts, even if this opens up a third line of rationalisation, moving from “pro-Staub” to “anti-IKEA”. 

What it shows me at the end is that we both enjoy our respective cooking vessels and I am sure that will continue ...

Duvel

Duvel

28 minutes ago, weinoo said:

Reasons we purchase are far from objective. They're also, in my opinion, far from perceived. I stopped shopping at IKEA (and this is after we gut renovated a kitchen and did a full IKEA renovation) after I found out more about its founder.

I think was deviated from the OP’s question,  and I apologise.

Let me finish my contribution to this thread assuring you again that I have no objection to your choices. I did not agree with your arguments on the quality/origin, and thus have stated mine.

Again, I can and do not contest your choices based on perceived image value, and will certainly not contest your choice based on historical/political facts, even if this opens up a third line of rationalisation, moving from “pro-Staub” to “anti-IKEA”. 

What it shows me at the end is that we both enjoy our respective cooking vessels and I am sure that will continue ...