• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

2 hours ago, dcarch said:

Simple:

Remove skin, make crackling skin.

Sous vide pork.

Put skin back on pork.

dcarch

Why even bother putting the skin back on. I have made cracklins many times, and i can say without a doubt, no way are you getting that cracklin back on evenly. They curl up pretty fast. And if it hasn't curled up, then it aint cracklin yet. Your better off leaving it intact and shallow pan frying in a inch of oil and turning ever few minutes.(if you dont have a large deep fryer.)

FeChef

FeChef

2 hours ago, dcarch said:

Simple:

Sous vide pork.

Put skin back on pork.

dcarch

Why even bother putting the skin back on. I have made cracklins many times, and i can say without a doubt, no way are you getting that cracklin back on evenly. They curl up pretty fast. And if it hasn't curled up, then it aint cracklin yet. Your better off leaving it intact and shallow pan frying in a inch of oil and turning ever few minutes.(if you dont have a large deep fryer.

FeChef

FeChef

1 hour ago, dcarch said:

Simple:

Sous vide pork.

Put skin back on pork.

dcarch

Why even bother putting the skin back on. I have made cracklins many times, and i can say without a doubt, no way are you getting that cracklin back on evenly. They curl up pretty fast. And if it hasn't curled up, then it aint cracklin yet.