• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oak Flavored Tonic Water?? Uses?

Bmuir40

Hello

I recently bought a San Pellegrino variety pack at Costco which had Ginger Beer, Orange flavored Tonic Water, and Oakwood flavored tonic water.  I have obviously figured out a use for the Ginger Beer (Moscow Mules).  I used the Orange Tonic water in a personal variation of an Aperol Spritz (2 Oz Aperol, 2 Oz Cranberry, 4 Oz Orange Tonic Water).  

I am scratching my head at what I would use Oak Flavored Tonic water with.  If someone can give me a few ideas to go off of, I would really appreciate it.  The S. Pellegrino website isn't much help at all.  The link is below.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Oakwood Tonic Water | Sanpellegrino® Italian Sparkling Drinks (sanpellegrinofruitbeverages.com)

• Like 1

it sounds like bbq'ed water that leaves a wood flavor 

or like the scotch of water

maybe it would go well with wood smoked bbq meats? or a scotch based cocktail? 

the experience might be new and interesting to the diner