• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

chord

chord

The pic below is my Braun. The chopping attachment doesn't seem as substantial as the models posted by @Maison Rustique and @liuzhou. Nevertheless, it did a quite decent job. I tried it on an array of vegetables, as well as some fresh bread and chicken thighs. As long as the food item could be placed in a single layer it worked well. In fact it was a little too quick. In a couple of pulses it ground the chicken pieces very finely. There's no chance of getting a coarse grind out of this chopper.

IMG_5533.thumb.jpg.29947f85e4ae785049c7a51fd74b7e14.jpg

The Braun will certainly be adequate for the time being. But I'll soon have another option. I just ordered this Tasty by Cuisinart mini processor. It has a four cup bowl and a 300 watt motor, even better than the regular mini Cuisinart. With the sale price and a 25% off coupon it came to $26 with taxes and shipping. I hope it isn't junk but at that price I'm willing to take a flier.

chord

chord

The pic below is my Braun. The chopping attachment doesn't seem quite as substantial as the models posted by @Maison Rustique and @liuzhou. Nevertheless, it did a quite decent job. I tried it on an array of vegetables, as well as some fresh bread and chicken thighs. As long as the food item could be placed in a single layer it worked well. In fact it was a little too quick. In a couple of pulses it ground the chicken pieces very finely. There's no chance of getting a coarse grind out of this chopper.

IMG_5533.thumb.jpg.29947f85e4ae785049c7a51fd74b7e14.jpg

The Braun will certainly be adequate for the time being. But I'll soon have another option. I just ordered this Tasty by Cuisinart mini processor. It has a four cup bowl and a 300 watt motor, even better than the regular mini Cuisinart. With the sale price and a 25% off coupon it came to $26 with taxes and shipping. I hope it isn't junk but at that price I'm willing to take a flier.