• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fagor 8L

Cbear311

Hi,

I’m trying to find a new gasket/cord for my pressure cooker. It is a Fagor that we bought at a home show in the late ‘90’s. Stamped on the bottom is 8L 9358  98::::.

I have been unable to find the gasket! The Fagor company closed down I guess in 2018. Would anyone have an idea where I might find the gasket in the picture? It’s 9/32 or 10/32 inches in diameter and 32 and 5/16 inches in length. I also have one with a 97 stamped after it’s number! It’s gasket is hard and really needs a new one.

DBDDE137-6C0F-4C62-B67D-557F90327815.jpeg

175524AE-1E3C-49EC-A6BF-2773E825EF94.jpeg

The gasket is not a contiguous circle, it's like a rubber rope.  I have one of the Fagor Classics also.

https://www.todoparamihogar.com/Pressure-cooker-seal-pot-Fagor22 is an European site I found this morning, it also seems to stock the other replacement parts for this type of pressure cooker.

I seem to remember that the Fagor Classic turned into another name in the US for a while.  I'll keep digging to see if I can retrace my internet steps on that search.

• Like 1

OK, upon further investigation, this version of the Fagor was known by Pressure Magic, sold by Pro-Selections out of TX.  They no longer list anything for it on their site.

It also looks like Fagor may have resurrected this design this year(?!).  It's possible it may use the same style rope gasket as previous design, if you are lucky.

Fagor Classic Pressure Cooker

Edited by lemniscate
spelling (log)
  • Like 1