• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Annie_H

Annie_H

Delivery from FlyByJing today---a day late so nerves were high. Dumplings were well packed with dry ice and solid frozen. Phew. 

DH birthday yesterday, I picked up some dumplings from WholeFoods. Horrible. Big and fat and no flavor. 

I've made them for years with lots of ginger and lemongrass. (pre-covid) Get some friends together and have a party. Same with a big tamale making party and empanadas. Squirl away a few dozen in the freezer so those that help making them can take home a few meals. 

The big jars were a fathers Day special with a free spice blend. 

Bugger that USPS sent an e-mail that they were delivered. No delivery. He came back an hour later so embarrassed. 

We are having all three tonight with a simple miso soup.

I expect better than most. We shall see.

Red package is Dooubanjiang. Mung bean paste. Should have ordered but just saw it this morning when checking on delivery tracking. 

I need dumplings in my freezer for quick meals straight from freezer. If I order again, I'll try that.

What I have now is 138 dumplings in the freezer for a while. Easy meal once a week or so. 

Thankfully the shitty WholeFoods were two boxes with eight dough balls in each. yuck. Dog food. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 3.26.24 PM.png

Annie_H

Annie_H

Delivery from FlyByJing today---a day late so nerves were high. Dumplings were well packed with dry ice and solid frozen. Phew. 

DH birthday yesterday, I picked up some dumplings from WholeFoods. Horrible. Big and fat and no flavor. 

I've made them for years with lots of ginger and lemongrass. (pre-covid) Get some friends together and have a party. Same with a big tamale making party and empanadas. Squirl away a few dozen in the freezer so those that help making them can take home a few meals. 

Bugger that USPS sent an e-mail that they were delivered. No delivery. He came back an hour later so embarrassed. 

We are having all three tonight with a simple miso soup.

I expect better than most. We shall see.

Red package is Dooubanjiang. Mung bean paste. Should have ordered but just saw it this morning when checking on delivery tracking. 

I need dumplings in my freezer for quick meals straight from freezer. If I order again, I'll try that.

What I have now is 138 dumplings in the freezer for a while. Easy meal once a week or so. 

Thankfully the shitty WholeFoods were two boxes with eight dough balls in each. yuck. Dog food. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 3.26.24 PM.png